Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3 pt Quick Hitch

isetta

Saw that Harbor Freight had their 3 pt quick hitch on clearance for 99 bucks, and with a 20 off coupon on top of that I pulled the trigger. Ok well, it's a Cat 1 and I'm trying to put it on a Powermax. Looks like I might make it work but thought I would ask if anyone else has put a quick hitch on the Powermax? I am also thinking of adapting this unit to mount on the front end loader arms so I can mount a Carry All as a poor mans fork lift. Any thoughts would be most appreciated[br

HarborFreightquickhitch.jpg

HarborFreightquickhitch.jpg.e96b8a116e92f39f758a373fb1b1437c.jpg

What implements do you plan to lift with it? The big downfall of a hitch adapter of this size on a small 3pt is loss of lifting capacity. Something like a Pats does similar work with far less weight.

Back blade, tiller and a carry all. Am also checking dimensions to see if I can mod it to pin on the Ark 600 loader arms. I want to use it with a Carry All as a very light duty forklift.

The trouble I noticed when polling folks with Cat0 and even Cat1 subcompact tractors, is that these quick hitches just don't fit the small implements. Might fit the lift arms, but won't align with the implement pins. I do understand the idea of wanting to somehow use a carryall front and rear, but make sure the quickhitch even fits the carryall.

These are a great too, I just found too many obstacles for using it with attachments of appropriate size for my tractor. The added weight on an already low capacity lift system was another con on my list. Even if the tractor lifts a heavy implement with the adapter, you run into maneuverability issues due to a light front end. Just a few things to consider. It sure is a cheap price.

Thanks guys, 720Nut, I agree too much work to re-size and Mr Green yup, at the end of the day I would still have to fiddle with attaching and I just don't use these that often. I'm going to make a 3 pt carry all / forkset that will also attach directly to the loader arms and skip the quick hitch.