Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
sdhdcouple

mid mount PTO

sdhdcouple

IS ere a trick to getting this mid mount Pto of the BGB? doesn't seem to want to come loose, the bolt on the out side to remove the entire assembly. Am I missing something here? 1 bolt hold the entire clutch package onto the BGB correct. maybe just having a bad luck day or I am missing something.

sdhdcouple

I am having trouble with getting the nut off. I don't want to break it so I thought I would ask 1st. does anyone recall if it right or left hand thread?

thank you for the link to the manual

MikeES

Both are right hand thread. The nuts are locking nuts so they will not spin off easy after you break them loose.

Impact wrench works great, but if you don't have one, put a wrench on each nut on each side of the BGB. One of them will come loose. To get the other nut off I put a bar in the drive shaft mounting bolts by the engine, and if the drive shaft, or BGB is out of the tractor I put the yoke back on the input shaft and hold that with a pipe wrench.

If your gears are gone (input shaft does not hold the output shaft from spinning), I have double nutted the side that came off earlier and then back to a wrench on each side.

sdhdcouple

well the only impact I have is my foot kicking things. I finally got that nut to best loose. took a 24" breaker bar with a 3' pipe on it to break it loose. but as soon as it was loose it spun off by hand. oh well it is off now.