Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
TheLawnMowerMan

What's it worth? 3 belt blower

TheLawnMowerMan

I'm looking at a 3 belt blower and the guy says make a reasonable offer. I'm not sure what they're worth so I really don't want to make a offer and end up offending him or making him angry. Anyone know where I should start? Any help is much appreciated.

Talntedmrgreen

Ive only ever had 3...tried to sell each. I got $30 for one and ended up giving 2 away. They just dont move and considering how cheap and reliable a 36" can be had, Im not sure I would bother with a 3 belt unless I intended to put it to work, knowing that keeping belts on it would cost more than the blower itself.

$50, tops (and complete...lots of parts with these)

rokon2813

I don't think there are any advantages.

They do a good job, but can be a pain to adjust, you have to get off the tractor to engage and disengage them, so if you plug it, you can eat belts in a hurry.

They were as far as I know, the first blower for a riding tractor, and were an adaptation of a walk behind tractor blower.

GrincheyOne
quote:Originally posted by TheLawnMowerMan

I really just wanted one to have it, not sure if I'd use it. I have a 36 and a 42 that I will be using. What are the advantages of using the 3 belt blower?

id="quote">
id="quote">I keeps your local parts dealer in business!d:)