Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What's it worth? 3 belt blower

TheLawnMowerMan

I'm looking at a 3 belt blower and the guy says make a reasonable offer. I'm not sure what they're worth so I really don't want to make a offer and end up offending him or making him angry. Anyone know where I should start? Any help is much appreciated.

Ive only ever had 3...tried to sell each. I got $30 for one and ended up giving 2 away. They just dont move and considering how cheap and reliable a 36" can be had, Im not sure I would bother with a 3 belt unless I intended to put it to work, knowing that keeping belts on it would cost more than the blower itself.

$50, tops (and complete...lots of parts with these)

I really just wanted one to have it, not sure if I'd use it. I have a 36 and a 42 that I will be using. What are the advantages of using the 3 belt blower?

I don't think there are any advantages.

They do a good job, but can be a pain to adjust, you have to get off the tractor to engage and disengage them, so if you plug it, you can eat belts in a hurry.

They were as far as I know, the first blower for a riding tractor, and were an adaptation of a walk behind tractor blower.

I wish I could... That's a long haul though. I most likely wouldn't ever use it, just make it look nice and keep it.

quote:Originally posted by TheLawnMowerMan

I really just wanted one to have it, not sure if I'd use it. I have a 36 and a 42 that I will be using. What are the advantages of using the 3 belt blower?

id="quote">
id="quote">I keeps your local parts dealer in business!d:)