Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
TimJr

posting pics

TimJr

Hey all, just wondered if anyone else is having problems uploading pics. I recently got a Windows 8.1 computer, so I lost my good old Windows XP PowerToy picture resizer that worked great. I have tried a number of different programs to resize, but keep getting errors when trying to upload them. The most common one I get is "no file to upload". I don't understand that, because the file will open on my computer with a number of different programs. Any ideas? I have resized to 640x480 and even tried smaller. I have used Paint, ShareTo:Resize, Image Resizer for Windows, and HP Connected Photo. Thanks, Tim

TimJr

I guess I will try to work with Paint more. None of the stupid apps I have tried seem to work, and the HP Connected Photo that came with the computer locks up after I resize a pic. It works once, then stops. Not happy. I miss the old XP PowerToy resizer. Just right click and you were done.

isetta

Might also check if the file name has any special characters in it. I am still on Windows 7 and just right click the picture, selct "edit" which opens it with Paint and use the resize command. After using high end programs like Photoshop I found that Paint is way easier and faster for me.