Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

posting pics

TimJr

Hey all, just wondered if anyone else is having problems uploading pics. I recently got a Windows 8.1 computer, so I lost my good old Windows XP PowerToy picture resizer that worked great. I have tried a number of different programs to resize, but keep getting errors when trying to upload them. The most common one I get is "no file to upload". I don't understand that, because the file will open on my computer with a number of different programs. Any ideas? I have resized to 640x480 and even tried smaller. I have used Paint, ShareTo:Resize, Image Resizer for Windows, and HP Connected Photo. Thanks, Tim

File size is limited to 100 KB - the dimensions are not the real issue. Your photo editor needs to be able to store the file as a compressed JPEG format.

I guess I will try to work with Paint more. None of the stupid apps I have tried seem to work, and the HP Connected Photo that came with the computer locks up after I resize a pic. It works once, then stops. Not happy. I miss the old XP PowerToy resizer. Just right click and you were done.

Might also check if the file name has any special characters in it. I am still on Windows 7 and just right click the picture, selct "edit" which opens it with Paint and use the resize command. After using high end programs like Photoshop I found that Paint is way easier and faster for me.