Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

560 Miles? Each way??!?

Tacey

I've located my dream machine with attachments, but now how do I get it home? Two questions:

1) I have a Chevy Express 1500 cargo van. Will this haul fit in there?

A) 7119 with 42" deck

B) 46" dozer w/hitch

C) Mackissic chipper attachment

D) Tiller attachment

E) PeCo leaf vac w)bag attachment

F) Lawn Roller attachment

G) 42" Snow Thrower attachment

2) Will this stuff exceed my weight capacity?

Thanks for your support!

Tacey

Thanks guys. The sticker on the door jamb say 2312 pounds. If I minus out my 180 I arrive at 2160 pounds. Deduct the snow thrower (which another local guy wants to buy from me) and I'm at about 2000 pounds. I like my chances.

Now the question is "will it fit". If I load all attachments *on end* then I'm thinking all is good.

Forward ho!!!

8D

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Probably 1800 pounds give or take a little.It's going to be a "load" but I would do it.

id="quote">
id="quote">I like the "can do" attitude Mr. Rokon! d:)

In my experience, regardless of the package or hauler, when you get there, it all finds a way to 'fit'. ;)

I'd just top off the tank and drive...does your passenger seat come loose easily?

If Simpleton7016 got a Terra Tiger to fit in his Grand Caravan, not knowing for sure if it would fit,

plus doing a 700 mile round trip, in one day after leaving at 9 AM, a week before Christmas about

60 miles north of St Paul, got it home before his wife did, anything is possible. PS I was the co - pilot.:D

Daringading.jpg

Should fit. Vans can swallow a LOT of gear. Plus, you've got a roof rack, right? If all else fails, you can run to harbor Freight, and get one of those hitch carriers. Stack a couple implements on that, and you're good to go.

If its the long van with rear seat removed maybe. I wouldnt be as concerned about weight as room. sounds like ALOT for a 54" x 96" or so area?

quote:Originally posted by goatfarmer

I was thinking the same thing. Plenty of acreage on the roof. Use strong rope!

id="quote">
id="quote">Add a moving blanket, and a pallet to that, remembering that the roof isalso an integral part of the frame capacity.Wayne

I'd like to post pix but my iPhone is not that smart. If you want to see photos go to facebook page "Simplicity and A/C Tractors stuff" and I can post there.

I found my stuff on SimpletrACtors classified ads. The seller has been a longtime poster here and his (now my) tractor is in the gallery.

I will not have the snow thrower to haul now because another member is buying that; the result of another post on this forum.

I'll keep you all apprised as to my progress. I will be going in the near future. :)

I had a guy passing through VA, where I live and bought a smaller Wheelhorse from me. He had a Chevy Equinox. On the spot, he dissembled the tractor into pieces and loaded it up! He was from Flordia.

If it won't fit into your van.....sm01

We talked to an older gentleman at the Laporte GOTO, he had a Allis b10 and a Simplicity 2010. They both had mower decks on them, and he fit both of them into the back of an Econoline 100.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I hauled the whole thing! I've been cleaning/shining/maintaining the new additions as time permits. I can't post pics on my iPhone but you who go to the Simplicitys Facebook page have seen my new 7119. :D

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

GO FOR IT!!!! Take alot of pics!!

id="quote">
id="quote">Some pics are in the SimpletrACtors gallery. Look for the entry "Ford Hilton's 7119h". Kent posted them 13 years ago.