Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

broadmoore high low pulley assembly

mudpatrol1

so today i picked up a broadmoore that i believe to be late 60,s early 70,s as a parts machine. the main reason i bought it was for the high low pulley assembly. this tractor only had a 2 speed transmission,and i wanted to install it in either my b208 super or 738.anyone know if this is possible,or has done this ? both tractors have the cut out in the fender for the high low shifter.

If it is a 2 speed trans, it is most likely a 6hp Broadmoor, or a 7hp 707 or 717, which puts it from 1963 to 1967. These have a rounded hood with a distinct V shape to the nose of the hood. Later Broadmoors have a "square" or flat hood. Transmissions interchange as far as I know, but you will lose the PTO option with a 2 speed vs the 3 speed. Tim

Was there a model 727 with a flat hood and 2 speed trans?

I kind of misread the post - I haven't done it, but I am pretty sure other guys on here have put the Hi-Lo Range onto a 3 speed. Not sure if true bolt on or not.

When my 2 speed trans went bad on my 63 Broadmoor, I put a 3 speed trans off a 738 in it. I used the drive pulley & HI/LOW off the 63 broadmoor & it worked just fine. The only thing was I had to figure out where 1st, 2nd, & 3rd were on the gear shift selector, but no big deal. Seems like you are trying to do the opposite I was doing. I would think it would work ,but not sure. The drive pulley shaft should be the same size. Not sure if the HI/LOW shifter rod is the same lenght & shape for the 738.

The B207 doesnt have a Simplicity trans....you would have to get creative to make a hilo fit the Peerless. I have never looked close enough at mine to see if it could be fitted in some way.

The 738 will require a different or modified shifter lever to the hilo....the early round hoods used a different type. There is a bent and straight shifter version of the hilo for small frames.

it does have the distinct v on the hood,the tag is still on the machine and hopefully i can read it. i guess once i tear into it,i will know better. neither machine had a rear pto so i am not worried about that. basically these are going to see light duty during there golden years such as driving around tractor shows. thanks to everyone who replied

There are two styles, one for Serfs and one for "B"'s . If I recall it will bolt up to three speeds and you need to cut a s slot in the seat pan for shift rod.