Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity trimmer/edger ever seen one?

ac-b12

Anyone ever seen one of these? A friend of mine picked it up at a garage sale and gave it to me because he knew I liked Allis-Simplicity stuff. Its a combination weed trimmer and edger. It has a small blade similar to a lawn mower blade and can be used horizontally for weed trimming and vertical for edging.

trim4.jpg

Simplicity tag

trim3.jpg

Open blade, really moves!!

trim1.jpg

trim.jpg

The whole thing is very simple, just unlatch the lever and shift it from horizontal to vertical or vice versa. It makes a great wall hanger in my

• Like 1

Wow, that has to be rare. That style script on the ID tag is from the 1950's - right? Maybe very early 1960's?

Thats 50s script. Pre-Wonderboy 700. I think that script ended around '58. Thats my favorite logo....another unicorn added to my list!

That piece blew my mind! I have never seen any literature or anything to suggest Simplicity had hand-held items at that time.

I fired it up just to see what it was like, it's almost scary seeing that open blade flying around like that!!!

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I wish someone would delete this thread...it's keeping me awake at nite!wah

id="quote">
id="quote">Ron, just sell Josh the silly thing so he can get some sleep!:D

I've actually had it for a few years but never posted it until now, I've shown it to some guys around my area but they don't appriciate it like you guys do. Maybe they just don't understand!!!!!!!!!!:D

If I had it, couldn't hang it on wall, cuz it looks like it would actually do what it was designed to do, and I would use it!

What a neat find.

quote:Originally posted by ac-b12

they don't appriciate it like you guys do. Maybe they just don't understand!!!!!!!!!!:D

id="quote">
id="quote">3 nights with no sleep...going on 4.OO

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts