Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Roto Hoe Chipper

jfrank1962

Got this in as part of a package deal a while back. The engine was junk.Had an engine from a tiller that had a bad gear box. Put one with the other and I have me a nice (free) chipper. :P

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

Last picture shows the pulley the came off from a spare FDT center muledrive that I had in my parts bin.

IMG_0710.JPG.6f95bcd47ab674001d58def19ef1c689.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG.93624d27ae43b6919a3150d84ac64572.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG.eeee4ab3fbb1ee318f33cfacb93caee8.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG.e21146113d1c2ecf5109ad9062f0731f.JPG

That is a great attachment, Nice job dOd

Rotto Hoes were very well built, cool machines. My buddy had one many yrs ago that was a Tiller mounted to a self propelled Chipper..? It was like a tractor with a tiller/chipper combo. (poor memory recall)So long ago, there must be old pics around??

That looks like a sturdy unit. Not mostly plastic like many of the ones built today. Good job!

i myself have 2 of them,first one is from 1987 i believe with a 8 horse briggs. picked that one up for $50.00,second one i scored for free with a 8 horse tecumseh that wont start.....yet

I also have 1 of these babies. I just had to rebuild the hammer drum. Good thing for laser cutters at work. We cranked out new "hammers" and I bought O1 drill rod for the shafts. Works like a champ now.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Darl Swartz
    • Bill725
    • BLT
    • Tarheel
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts