Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gannon depth stop

acken

gan351.JPG

I was playing around with my 42" scaper this past weekend, and thought I could make it easier to control depth. I added chain to limit how deep the blade could cut. With the scraper on the level concrete, I set the chain with no slack. When using I pushed the hydraulic down until chain is tight. Set this way it takes off the high spots, and using the weight of the tractor to hold it down. Traction was great, and only became a problem when one side of tractor went into a low, wet spot. I tried it on the neighbors hard packed gravel driveway, which I was unsuccesful when using the belly blade with 200+ pounds of downforce. It worked great to knock the high spots in center, and drag the loose gravel into the low spots.

gan351.JPG.446a3a0e59489249995bc923f539d058.JPG

That is an awesome attachment! I bet every landscape contractor would want that set up for themselves...So do I sm01

Ken that looks like the one you had at the GOTO, are any more planned? I'm sure there is a market for them...

Sure is a nice looking setup. I'm sure you have more control with this scraper setup than with the dozer blade on the front. Way to go!