Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Scouter16

Homelite T16H PTO Clutch, and Rear End Leak

Scouter16

Hi all,

Its been a long cold winter and I decided to tear a part my grandfathers old Homelite T16H to rebuild the engine, and restore the tractor. While I have it apart I am addressing some issues. One was the compression loss from the engine, the slope in the front axle, and the leaky rear end.

My first question is involving the rear end, I know they all leak with age what is the real reason they leak? Also what is the best solution to fix the leak?

My second question is regarding the PTO electric clutch, the material that cases the the electromagnet is chipping and decaying. Is there any fix to this? I want to prolong the life of the clutch if possible however If there is a replacement where would one find such replacement.

Thanks for the help,

Ryan

gwiseman

Ryan

Do a quick search in archived forums for vickers leak & you'll see lots of discussion. Here is one I remember: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=121509&SearchTerms=vickers,sandy,lake

Contact Sandy Lake Equipment, one of our sponsors, for the bushing or exchange.

Scouter16

Thanks Lloyd,

I have been been a member sense 2010 I believe, it is very contagious, I currently own a Homelite, Simplicity, Allis Chalmers WD45, and hopefully I will be able to get the Oliver 1555 from our family farm.