Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Mike_H

hydro lift support

Mike_H

Not getting any hits in my other post, so I'll make a new one. Would anyone be willing to measure up the support member that the hydrolift cylinder pins to on a 7100 series or later? I'm going to attempt to build on myself, but need a couple measurements, like diameter of the support shaft, where the tabs are to mount the cylinder, where the shaft is in relation to the top/bottom of the mounting plates, etc Thanks

DanD

Watch ebay. People junk them once in a while. Not that I like to see that, but I have gotten good used NLA parts that way. The only problem with measuring one is that it's tucked way up under the tractor. Would almost have to take it off to get good measurements.

Mike_H

Been watching. Closest thing I've found so far is a bracket w/out the cylinder mounting ears...and they wanted 20 bucks for it! I don't understand what happens to all the frames when tractors get parted out...I can find everything else, but that one piece.

Mike_H
quote:Originally posted by DanD

It's not welded in. I believe he's talking about the stationary bracket that the hydraulic cylinder attaches to (as opposed to the rockshaft at the other end of the cylinder).

id="quote">
id="quote">That is correct. A friend of mine has a mid 90's sovereign with hydrolift that I was able to pull dimensions from today. I'll make a print and share it, once I know it works

Mike_H

It's OK Ken. I pulled one this weekend, and good pretty good measurement from it. I have the material cut, just need to trim the clearance for the cylinder, and drill some holes. Cylinder should be here this week, so I gotta get some shop time in.