Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GLPointon

I wanted to show this 1946-48 Tractor I saw...

GLPointon

00t0t_d3tegeCdJH9_300x300.jpg

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/grd/4984387010.htmlGraham-Paige Tractor...(12 photos on the above address)Have any of you heard of this brand 2-wheel Tractor?This says "vintage Simplicity" on the heading but I think not. But this is a 1946-48 tractor in fair condition for the age. Looks like a cool engine design, updraft carb, big air cleaner, very odd muffler, steel wheels...I'd pay 1/2 that just to own that cool pc of history 8D

00t0t_d3tegeCdJH9_300x300.jpg.d107d57d593b9d4e6e3397e295120271.jpg

gwiseman

Greg

I recognized from a Farm Collector magazine article printed April 2003. I looked up the article and found they were also called Frazer tillers. Here is a link that can shed some historical light. http://www.zucksrototillers.com/FrazerHistory.html

720nut

neat piece of historydOd

Talntedmrgreen

Defi itely a Frazier....I have a coworker who restores them. They are monsters...look more like military rquipent than a walk behind tiller. He has some neat attachments and even one with tracks.

B-16_IC

I'd take half that for one I've got sitting here. I guarantee it is badly stuck from the look of the muffler. They are a two stroke and the cylinder port is directly behind it, any water goes right in. They are super heavy tillers, outweigh many riders!:D

GrincheyOne

Just my observations...

the earlier iron wheels, would not only provide excellent traction in wet soil and/or clay, but break up any clods in their way. and be self cleaning.

The early models seen to have a differential which activated from the handle bar pivot. distributing power from one wheel to the other.

No idle hands here with all those controls on the handle bars.

Interesting machine, and history!

I guess Kaiser-Frazer sedans could be considered the first of the Utility vehicles since the rear of the cabin along with the trunk structure could be opened to carry all kinds of material.

Sign in to follow this