Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fuel pump

720nut

Hey guys, anybody have the fuel pump # that you've used to replace on Allis Or Powermax tractor ? mine took a dive yesterday and need it for garden work today. Thanks in advanceC

Carl, I spent most of the day looking for one. All I was able to find is about 4in long by 2in. in diameter don't have that much space. It started right up this morning and dumped a lot of trash in the filter so may be that it was just clogged ? am going to clean entire fuel system and see what develops.

if you go to search and click on search forums and search for electric fuel pump you will find the info you are looking for.

Guys I did the search yesterday before I started looking, have NAPA part # will call them later Thanks

Napa does have pumps for $53 I found on ebay for $21.99 + shipping Facet Electric Fuel Pump # 40104

ordered 2 one for each tractor

Yeah Ronald I know, I looked at them at Auto Zone thought they were to big to fit never considered mounting it where Chuck did

I mount mine like Chuck did. My only suggestion is the loop the line with the shutoff valve down and back up, so that the shutoff can be reached without opening the hood.

John U

Here's a novel approach to mounting fuel pump on a Powermaxsm00 Previous owner of course, rest of the machine has similar repair /improvement.

IMG_2072lowres.jpg

IMG_2072lowres.jpg.6228cddf42d44cf9dff9447cd4466576.jpg

This was the smallest one I could find...believe me, I would have rather had a smaller one. I was all over that tractor trying to find a place to put it that would look halfway OK. I was within about a half inch of getting it to fit under the dash, but just could not get it in there. So I finally got it to fit where it is now. Just seems like a lot of fuel lines running everywhere, but it works, and is out of the way. I probably should have run the line down where I could reach the shut off valve without opening the hood, but didn't think of it at the time. I also took a piece of metal and ground it down to fit the hole where the original fuel pump was. Here it is.

Tore down.jpg

57e06153a3f28_Toredown.jpg.e5a2d8913e3c35407cd19006c56afd7d.jpg

So while I had it tore down for the fuel pump issue, I also replaced the plug wires, plugs, points, and condenser. I didn't have to get into the carburetor, and I was glad of that. Never tore a carburetor down before. But now I'm not sure if that's not in my future. I'm just not getting the rpm's now that I should. The tractor runs fine, I just don't have enough throttle. I guess I should start with the throttle itself, shouldn't I? That thing is so touchy though. I've messed with it before, and had a terrible time getting it adjusted so that the engine didn't "hunt". Anybody got any ideas? I'd appreciate it.

Chuck the carb is not that bad to get into....but to start you might give the main jet needle a guarter or so turn in and out to disturb and hopefully dislodge anything stuck there. The carb is not that bad to take off as it looks like you have already done, just keep track of choke and throttle hookups, and when off you can pull the float bowl to see what crud may be lurking there. If there is sediment or debris you can clean that out and see if that helps before a complete overhaul.

quote:Originally posted by isetta

Here's a novel approach to mounting fuel pump on a Powermaxsm00 Previous owner of course, rest of the machine has similar repair /improvement.

IMG_2072lowres.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">That is the same fuel pump I put on all my Powermax tractors, made by Purolator and bought off the shelf at local parts store. I didn't however invest in such elaborate mounting. :D

Here are some pictures of my fuel pump installation on my 4041. I made a 90 degree bracket to mount it to the bulkhead. This is the one I got from NAPA.

fuelpump400.jpg

fuelpumpA400.jpg

Chuck, glad to see you still have yours from 2011AndyWaldorf Md

fuelpump400.jpg.fc7040b6a3fc401825c2603df08ade2e.jpg

fuelpumpA400.jpg.8a41c793fb805534be3f269784283077.jpg

Hey guys, thanks for all the info. I Cleaned the fuel system yesterday and found half of a paper towel in the tank, managed to get it all out, cleaned the filter and new fuel lines,runs like a new tractor. Will keep electric pumps may need at later date. Forgot new head gaskets too.

Another question, has anyone reset the govenor setting ? Mine doesn't seem to run as should about 2500-3000 rpm