Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
SimpleFarmer

Model L Two Wheel Tractor

SimpleFarmer

I have been working on a Model L two wheel tractor (1949) I picked up at auction. I got the 1 1/2 hp Clinton engine running by just changing the points. The tractor moves forward but I do not think I have the right pulley for the transmission. The one that is on there is 11" and using a 48" belt it only goes into the first notch on the trans. I do not not have a manual for tractor but have found two belt references. One says 43" and the other 40". Which is correct? If these are the right belt sizes I think the pulley should be 5" or 7"?

Thanks for helping.

B10Dave

Nathan; I have a manual for the model LA tractor in PDF format that I could email to you. I believe the only difference is that the LA used a 2HP Briggs. If you are interested PM me your email address. Also; welcome to the club...Dave

SimpleFarmer

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the manual. It had some good information in there but I think the pulley I am looking for is a different part#. In the manual you sent me there was hand written the newer part#s. Is there a reference somewhere to get these? It make make my search a little easier. I took the tractor out yesterday and ran it a bit with the drive pulley and belt I have. It plowed pretty good I can just imagine what a good job it would do if I had the right parts.

Thanks again.