Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FDT electric lift

GrincheyOne

gentlemen,

I have an electric lift, originally planned to go into my '88 4212G.

Has anyone installed one in a FDT like a 2110?

This inquiring mind would like to consider it for my '89.

Wayne, there is not enough room in the tunnel unless you have a lift that is not A/C.

There is barely enough room for the hydraulic cylinder and it is smaller than the screw cylinder without the electric motor.

I have seen them on other brands mounted below the rear lift, or along the left side, attached in place of the lift handle.

I am gong to try to install an electric lift unit on the rear lift

of my B-10, which would operate the rockshaft to lift front-mounted

attachements (ie a heavy plow). All the linkages are solid

(no cables) so I see no reason why this will not work.

It will be removable for using a tiller or other rear-mounted

attachments. Will look a little goofy but should be functional.

What do you think of this idea?

Tom

Thanks all...I does give me some ideas, since the rock-shaft has an appearance on the RH side, and the LH side would be in the way of the mid-PTO.Although I do have a full b-10 hydraulic kit (from RayS), I was in a rush to fill the vacancy of losing the engine on the 4212G, and did not need the removal of the tower and the tunnel cover with always rusty cage-nuts. At least on the ACs the tunnel cover separates from the tower. And after aggravating most of the tendons in my left hand two weeks ago, grading crushed stone with the 46" blade. the "stinger" just did not provide enough counter-weight(21#). Just doesn't match up to the blade's over 85#.sm02

P82A08411.jpg

P82A08411.jpg.e7b09876e53d89ff97c3e3db69b06686.jpg

quote:Originally posted by TomSchmit

I am gong to try to install an electric lift unit on the rear liftof my B-10, which would operate the rockshaft to lift front-mountedattachements (ie a heavy plow). All the linkages are solid (no cables) so I see no reason why this will not work. It will be removable for using a tiller or other rear-mountedattachments. Will look a little goofy but should be functional.What do you think of this idea?Tom

id="quote">
id="quote">Looks goofy,but it works:D005.jpg004-8.jpg