Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Engine Swap

aspeltz1

I'm transplanting a 12 hp into my B10, I forgot, do the L shaped brackets that go with the front two mounting bolts go in between the engine and frame or on the bottom side of the frame?

NOT to debate w/ a Lawyer.There is also a L-shaped washer that goes on an engine mounting bolt,between the cap head and the oil sump tab on the rear LH side of the pan, since the cap head is virtually inaccessible between the engine and the side of the frame. It fits in the recess above the mounting tab, and prevents the cap screw from rotating as you torque the standard washer, lock washer, and nut from the underside. I usually like to loose fit this one first 'cause i do not have "tweezer" fingers. (a genetic abnormality):o)It is called a special LH engine bolt assembly, made with a 3/8-16x2-1/4" bolt; ("E") below, the other three ("AX") are 3/8-16x2" capscrew. All go through holes in the frame and then the "front weight plate". {a three handed job for at least the first bolt}.Torque to specifications by grade and size.

Special_engine_bolt.jpg

BTW Andy, I think You are the member that sold me the 1692040 ladder hitch, that I am trying to resell, it won't work wih my 4212G.

Special_engine_bolt.jpg.77f446da8b32a1b9abbe22e771363eef.jpg

It's me again Andy,

couple hints from my recent experience in repowering a 2110 landlord w/ a 12HP from some unknown Model Allis.

1. The engine shroud will be fairly close to the V/R housing, so try to have the S/G mounted prior to bolting that "bad boy" in. even though it will add 25 lbs more to the heft of the engine.

2. I found that I had to adapt to a different drive shaft attachment to the flex disk, My 12Hp did not have the same style screen or pulley* as the 10HP original engine.* may need longer S/G belt

3. If your engine did not come with a mounted carb, including the rod from the throttle to the governor. you may have to make a custom length rod. Zippo recently did a YouTube on this subject. the length of this rod depend on the length of the intake manifold.

4. lastly to pass along a caution given me by the Late Jim Dick, You may have to cut an access in the grill material to clear the casing on the syncro balance gears.

You can also refer to the following topic, where I tried to bore everyone with my trials and tribulations :D

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=143519

Hope you can find some help in there.dOd

Wayne

Wayne,

I have the bolt installed that you were talking about. The brackets I was talking about I installed beneath the frame through the front two motor mount bolts. I had enough room to get the motor installed pretty easy. The flywheel to driveshaft attachment does look different than the 10 hp model but it appears to line up. I have the pulley in place too for my hydrolift.

On a side note, does anybody have a good description of where the wires/cables go to and from the battery, voltage regulator, starter generator, and starter button? The diagrams I have are not real clear.