Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
hurleyii

green scrap sold. cash for motor&BGB

hurleyii

woohoo!! Somebody just bought that green pile of scrap called a Deer! Suckers.. LOL just kidding guys it was a good mower for a deer!! I've come over to the stripes though!!!!

So I've decided all cash is going to the 912h unless somebody has a 916h for sale that needs some love to be a working machine!

So what are suggestions for engine rebuild/replacement? I have a k301

and my goal is 16hp as that's what I'm told I need for a 48" deck and it clearly bogs down with the vacuum on it!

Also my BGB is leaking where is the best place to get the parts and do you guys have all the part numbers so I can shop around?

Now you guys know my goals I have 375.00 to work with for rebuilding these parts. I've seen engine rebuild kits for under a 100.00 (EBAY) and I've read on here the BGB parts are about a 100.00

I have found a 916h and a 7116h for cheap but not running.

thoughts? 7116 is Briggs engine.

P.S

If you have a K341 I'll give it a good loving home!!!!!sm03

mtoney

The 916 is a beast, Kohler K series powered and the baby brother to my 920 diesel. It would be my choice. Kohler's carbs are easier to deal with and tune than the updraft carb on the Briggs. Rebuilding the Kohler, if needed, is very straight forward. Many times a fresh set of points and condenser along with a carb refresh is all thats needed to get them going again. I am helping my coworker at our dealership refresh a 716 Allis that packs a 16hp Kohler hood shaker. Mike