Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I found one to buy

Path999

I know very little about the Duetz 917. I have found one offered for sale and would like to know how to find the year it was made. Where would I look for that. The asking price is $800 and I am wondering how to know what to pay. ?

Dumb in MO

Welcome to the club. It appears that the 917 (Green) was produced for the model years 1990, 1991 and 1992. On the LH frame rail, there should be a tag with model and S/N. It is hard to tell what to pay with out knowing and seeing the condition. $800 asking, although, is on the high end for a sound machine.

If in exceptional condition, I have seen orange Allis tractors fetch a grand. Simplicity less....I think the DAs fall somewhere in between and $800 could be reasonable for a great (and more scarce) tractor, but no steal of a deal.

welcome to the club, like they say on here (one) is only the beginning of an uncontrollable addiction of these tractors, enjoydOd

I bought my 3rd one in 2 years yesterday! Welcome to the addiction, once you know the power of the force you wont be able to resist it!

lol

I got a non running 916H for 350.00 a little steep but if it starts today or fires id say it wasn't that bad if it all works!