Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
hurleyii

916h finds my home! lol

hurleyii

Well I bought the 916h for 350.00

It has compression, the rear wheel weights are homemade of lead so no score there except for use.

Tiller lift is in great shape and so is the rear clutch. It also has a front clutch assembly (manual) looks to be no good though unless the clutch disc can be replaced. No lever going back to the drive seat!

hurleyii

Windows Live photo gallery! BLT

Update!!!!!!!!!!!

After carefully study of wiring and ignition system, I've discovered the breaker was wired to wrong side of coil and that there was a Brigs ignition switch installed! I borrowed a Kohler switch and it fired and ran for about 10 seconds on Ether!!! Starter appears to have a lot of draw though as it is real hot from the cranking! I think I'm going to borrow a gas tank and fuel line now and see what happens!

Wiring needs some love as mice got to the trans safety switch wires. (Hydro shifter)

GrincheyOne

Don't exclude the squirrels, and chipmonks. squirrels did a real job on My Plymouth Voyager. They really devastated the main cable bundle. Not only the hot (+) wires but also the individual grounds that Plymouth like to use.

hurleyii

Yes but the mice didn't wire the solenoid backwards and install a Briggs and Straton ignition switch!! I'm pretty sure the tractor wanna be junkyard repair man did that!

Along with the socket welded to an engine cover steering wheel!

So if anybody has a spare steering colom and wheel for a Alice 900 series I'm in the market so to speak! Lol

hurleyii

Thanks BLT actually nothing was chewed thru just the cover and I have it running all works well except I think the starter needs rebuilt as it works great one second and the next it won't turn engine over and gets real hot!

I have a 912h, 7112h, and now a 916 h so I used the 7112 for a wiring diagram and ignition switch!

I also think the manual front clutch is possibly good but I don't know nothing about it except the disengagement part just touches the housing so I think it's actually engaged. I didn't even look at it when it was running.

I have decided I'm pulling the 341 next week and rebuilding it!

Thoughts on EBay rebuild kits ??