Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
hurleyii

912h with electric lift?

hurleyii

Well I was out mowing with the vac trying to get yard cleaned up from the fall.

I shut it off to dump the trailer and now it won't start I can hear the circut breaker clicking and resetting itself. I got it to start once so I could pull it up and now it won't start again!

Any ideas what could be blowing my breaker that's a common issue perhaps?

Thanks for all the help guys!!

P.S my squirrel cage for vacuum is shot from rust and sand blasting from my yard any ideas besides buying another vacuum?

BLT

I agree with MikeES that you have a short. Follow the purple wire on the ignition switch on its way to the starter solenoid and look for a rub spot. My guess is your culprit will be in the area of the three safety switches.

Kohler%207100%20WireDiagram45percent.jpg

hurleyii

Got it guys! I went and tilled my buddies place after dark and I seem the spark on the ground. I crawled under it next time it wouldn't start and I forgot to re tape the front pto safety jumper when I had electrical problems last time!

alec
quote:Originally posted by BLT

I agree with MikeES that you have a short. Follow the purple wire on the ignition switch on its way to the starter solenoid and look for a rub spot. My guess is your culprit will be in the area of the three safety switches.

Kohler%207100%20WireDiagram45percent.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">blt .. is this the same layout for the 3415 ? it looks similar and I am having the same problem .down loaded a manual for it but that page is unreadable

hurleyii

Check and see if you have a safety connection in the center underneath for a Front PTO switch ? My tractor doesn't have the front pto so it's bypassed and the bypass has to be taped up. Your tape may have come off or rubbed thru.