Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
aspeltz1

Hydrolift Fluid

aspeltz1

Anyone know what fluid should be in the B series hydrolift? Manual says MS grade IOW30. Is that supposed to be 10W30? What came out was red like hydraulic fluid or ATF.

GrincheyOne
quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

If not mistaken, the stickers say straight 30, but I don't have one to look at anymore.

id="quote">
id="quote">Unlike Dan, I do have one, BUT the decal has deteriorated so bad, I willhave to check the installation instructions. A different animal: my 12 ton splitter calls for straight 10W.No matter what the fluids, in use and under pressure, will heat up, and change viscosity.:P

GrincheyOne

Tweeked my interest enough to check the 3 PDFs i have on file, two round tanks, and one square...All three have this fill instruction

OIL_FILL.jpg

This printed text is identical in all 3 PDFs (TPs).The particular one shown is from the "square tank lift", dated 2/11/65, and heavily hand noted with comments, and part# changes.I guess SAE 10W-30 (non foaming) it is!

OIL_FILL.jpg.7f71a77635868d5876c2773b10a4416d.jpg