Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
fishnwiz

b10 carb welch plug

fishnwiz

Anyone know if the welch plugs for the B10 carburetors are available as a stand alone part?

I have seen the plug included with a carb rebuild kit but hate to spend 20.00 just to get the plug.

If anyone has a spare plug that they don't need...I am your guy!dOd

Mike_H

The big silver one in the back? I might be able to help ya out. I just rebuilt a 16 HP carb. Didn't install the new welch plug. I think I still have it...If they are the same, its yours.

CarlH

Excellent info, Bob. Now for the followup: How do you figure out the new part number? I have a large number of well aged part numbers that I regularly look for on eBay and elsewhere. While I am aware that many of them may be (or have been) superseded, I haven't figured out how to find all the new numbers so my searches catch everything. Is there a cross-reference available or do you just go to Jack's and punch in the old number?

Enquiring minds want to know:)

fishnwiz

Thanks Robert...never thought of asking the bros...great family run business.

Thanks for your kind offer Mike...Nelsons is right down the street from my house...this way I will save you the hassle of mailing it to me where it will most likely get eaten by the machines in automation anyways.

fishnwiz
quote:Originally posted by CarlH

Excellent info, Bob. Now for the followup: How do you figure out the new part number? I have a large number of well aged part numbers that I regularly look for on eBay and elsewhere. While I am aware that many of them may be (or have been) superseded, I haven't figured out how to find all the new numbers so my searches catch everything. Is there a cross-reference available or do you just go to Jack's and punch in the old number?Enquiring minds want to know:)

id="quote">
id="quote">I think Bob and Ray are tractor gurus from a different planet {} with special mind powers for part numbers.|)

GrincheyOne

Mark.

I usully pick up a number from the IPL. When I google it at least two or three sites will come up with the original, and in discussion give the new number.

Partstree usually has the substitution in the partslist table, even if it is NLA.

dentwizz

I remember finding out the hard way some time back when a backfire shot that plug into my knee while mowing. Sometimes a bit of sealer/jb weld can be a good thing when reinstalling.