Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

9020 Powermax fuel lines

wwbragg

I bought a Powermax with no fuel tank and am now installing a replacement. The tank has a return line but I cannot figure where the other end goes. Does anybody have a picture of how to connect the return line? I tried to attach a picture of the fuel pump and carb and the lines I have identified.

Wendall, welcome to the club. When looking at tank there are 2 lines coming out right one is fuel pickup going to filter and fuel pump, left is return line carb to tank. I've never been able to get pics to load so I just gave up on them. I'm sure someone will post pics.

The line on the right goes to the pump. Then there is a short little stubby line from the pump to the carb. But where does the return line connect to the carb/pump/flux-capacitor????? I can't load pictures either.

I resized the picture. Let's see if this works:

PM fuel lines II.jpg

That's the secret - - the photo must be less that 100 KB. It says so right there in the Q&A.

57e0615fbb70f_PMfuellinesII.jpg.69298dcae029930bb1ddd274e233f6f9.jpg

The upper fitting going into the carb is supposed to have a block with two elbows. The fuel goes into the first one and the return line connects to the second elbow. The elbow for the return line has a orfice to create a positive pressure going to the carb.

orfice.JPG

John U

orfice.JPG.cfbb6b5530cb291099e3bd46e9bbfe42.JPG

Thanks, John. That shows the difference. My inlet goes into a fuel pump and from there to the carb. So my fuel pump creates the proper line pressure while yours works off the internal vacuum. Does that make sense? Now I wonder if I have a replacement engine. ?????

I don't think the carb in your picture is the correct one for a 9020.

Is your engine an ONAN CCKB?

John U

Here is the front & back on the bench:

Walbro I.jpg

Walbro II.jpg

Here is a shot of the regulator which is located under the carb

Regulator.jpg

And here it is on the manifoldLet me know if you need more.

Goes here.jpg

57e06160aead1_WalbroI.jpg.96390f2f9d8af86e0918373ff58e0717.jpg

57e061613c2f1_WalbroII.jpg.f67a4a9eae0e4a150efbdc8ff012e3ec.jpg

Regulator.jpg.a11f34e3b08d5f66b84b2d87279b00c8.jpg

57e0616164c84_Goeshere.jpg.36614fdb89eb9012f6123f0524e9b124.jpg