Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2000 Simplicity Legacy

Lostinyard

Hi all,

I hope I posted this in the correct forum. I am looking for some help with my Simplicity Legacy model 1693219. I have an issue where sometimes when you turn the key the dash gauges move but it does not attempt to turn the motor over or anything. If I push in the clutch a couple of times I can normally get it to start but it my might take me 10 times playing with the clutch. Any ideas what this could be?

Thank You,

Keith

Below the clutch pedal, under the tractor you will find a safety switch that depresses when the clutch pedal is in, this is tied into the safety interlock along with the seat switch and the pto switch, all three of these work together, get some electrical cleaner spray and unplug all three switches as well as the key switch and the pto conecctor at the electric clutch. spray every connector and squirt some into the key slot, the safety interlock is under the dash that connector can be cleaned too, clean your battery terminals while your at it, if it doesn't start easily, I would check the starter wires next. keep us posted.

There is a tiny, in diameter, blue wire that when energized pulls in the starter solenoid and motors the starter. It has been a stinker in the Sunstars and Sovereigns of not having enough voltage to get the job done. A quick fix is installing a Bosch type relay to give the solenoid enough voltage to get the job done. As soon as I find my sketch, I post it.

Bobs Relay fix works. Cured my 1998 Kawasaki powered Legacys similar problems as well as a Super Cubs same problemsdOd

quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

Bobs Relay fix works. Cured my 1998 Kawasaki powered Legacys similar problems as well as a Super Cubs same problemsdOd

id="quote">
id="quote">Ditto. I wouldn't even call this a common problem...it's more like a standard issue that they all suffer from.

This is an itermittent problem with mine, as well, Maybe 5 or 4 times per season. I check the hydro shift lever is in neutral, usually at the back-up side of neutral, rather than the forward side (omly mm's difference). Then a quick bounce on the seat. The b.i.s. switch sometimes doesn't make good contact. That usually does it.