Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spin on filter conversion

dentwizz

Has anyone attempted or thought about a spin on conversion for the HB-112 chassis? I am interested when I go to rebuild the pump since it need all new hoses anyway. If I could modernize it to something a little more convenient that's always a plus.

Should be straightforward enough, but what is the conflict with the OEM style? Seems easy enough, and as infrequently as it needs changed, I'm not sure a conversion is worth the cost and effort.

With the Vickers, the filter housing acts as the hydro fluid reservoir. Unless you remove the entire assembly, I don't see a spin on filter being better. If you remove it, what will serve as the reservoir?

the only change i would like to make to the FDT chassis is to separate the tunnel cover from the instrument tower, as the one on the Big10. would make it much easier to maintain the ram, and/or the flex disc drive. also to clean out accumulated clutter in the tunnel. IMO

The reservoir question was one that I hadn't come up with an answer to. I just noticed later designs didn't seem to have one external.