Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
AJK

7016H govenor

AJK

On my 7016H # 1690006 I just rebuilt my 326431-0190-01, starts great but the governor arm sticks. When I turn it off I have to raise the arm a little then it frees up, also when running I advance the throttle and nothing happens until I lift the arm a bit then all seems normal. The arm is not rubbing on the block and the shaft will move in and out slightly. Is it the governor? I don't think it's the throttle plate. Thanks in advance. AJK

BLT

If you worked on the carb it is possible to install throttle plate wrong and it will jamb up in the idle position. When the plate is stamped out, the edges have a slight angle on them to prevent jamming at idle.;)

HubbardRA

The governor shaft should not move in and out any significant amount. It should be just loose enough to prevent binding. I had one that didn't work correctly because the arm was pushed in too tight against the block. Had another that was loose enough that the governor was disengaging. Both worked fine after readjusting. Both times I thought I had a broken governor till I messed with it.

AJK

OK, throttle plate is not sticking, took arm of governor shaft, held throttle closed, started it up, let it run at idle for a minute, shut it off. Throttle plate free as can be, governor shaft sticking.

Question, can I get at the governor without pulling the crank and cam shaft, can I get to it by just pulling the front plate off?

Thanks for any and all input.