Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
aokpops

Vanguard governor ?

aokpops

What I got is a model 350777 date code 96 . The problem I had there was no governor adjustment . What I am saying I would adjust an never find the right equilibrium . What I found was no force from the governor so I crack open the engine what I found was a small flat piece of metal about half inch square fell out . If I was good with photos to show it, other than that I see no reason why the governor would not work . If this piece was caught in governor ? I don't know . Were it goes? About ready to pitch it an move on .

Multiplicity

.....Trace the connectivity from your carburetor down through

and into block to the Flyweights of the Governor....That little

piece of metal might be part of the lever that sets against the

plunger from the flyweights.....In a working governor the action

of the flyweights flinging outward should push the carburetor to slower speed.....

aokpops

I found were that piece of metal came from it was from a baffle above the cam . Nothing to worry about. thinking that piece was jamb in the governor . Now a knew problem put it all back together the engine was really tight everything turns right until the sump cover is put on .I really don't understand how this is possible .