Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7016H Hydro Fluid and Filter

docs

I Have a 7016H that I need to change Hydro Fluid and Filter,

Looking on the site here trying to figure out what it takes for hydro oil and compatible filter. What I can find from the mfg# 1690342 should be a 1978 model, By looking at the charts for hydro oil all I can find is prior to 1975 vickers uses dextron trany fluid. Any one out there can shed some more information on what type of oil and compatible filter this would take?.

Sorry the charts are not explicit and a little confusing to me and I don't want to use the wrong oil or filter.

Thanks

Tom

So would this be the correct chart line for this tractor?

7000, 7100, GTH-L, Sovereign Hydro 700, 900 Hydro 2800 Hydro Sundstrand Model 15 Hydro/Simplicity Transaxle Simplicity Multi-Purpose Hydraulic Oil 96 oz. (Fill to top of filler pipe)

I have seen different recommendations over the years right from the Simplicity manuals. My 7016 calls for Type A ATF in the hydro(which would be today's Dexron III or Dexron VI) and gear lube in the BGB. Then Simplicity started to recommend their Multi-Purpose oil for everything (including hydros and BGB's) which would be the same as Trans-Hydraulic oil that you could also buy at any farm store. So, to answer your question if the oil in it now is red, I'd just use ATF, if it's regular oil color, the refill with Trans-hydraulic oil. Also, the last time I bought a hydro filter from Simplicity, it was just a Baldwin filter in the box, so you could just go to a parts store that sells Baldwin and get what you'd get from Simplicity, too!

I just went and got Dex/Merc Which is also rated for the Dectron III but the back label says is compatible with anything requiring Dextron for GM or Ford Pre-2006 Models. Filter and Fluid was clean just gonna use the same filter. Fluid was red but I had put some multipurpose trany gear oil in with it and notice it starting to drag a little so going back with the trany fluid. Thanks for the Info.

quote:Originally posted by DanD

I have seen different recommendations over the years right from the Simplicity manuals. My 7016 calls for Type A ATF in the hydro(which would be today's Dexron III or Dexron VI) and gear lube in the BGB. Then Simplicity started to recommend their Multi-Purpose oil for everything (including hydros and BGB's) which would be the same as Trans-Hydraulic oil that you could also buy at any farm store. So, to answer your question if the oil in it now is red, I'd just use ATF, if it's regular oil color, the refill with Trans-hydraulic oil. Also, the last time I bought a hydro filter from Simplicity, it was just a Baldwin filter in the box, so you could just go to a parts store that sells Baldwin and get what you'd get from Simplicity, too!

id="quote">
id="quote">

Dexron, Mercon and whatever Chrysler called theirs were always compatible both forward and backward until 2006. GM then announced that with introduction Dexron VI it would be backwards only with GM products.

Yea it's a bit of a hassle having to read all the labels on that stuff if you don't use it a lot. I can not remember the last time I have bought trany fluid. I drive a standard shift now amd it even requires trany fluid but don't hardly ever have to change it. But the dextron/mercon worked well back in business now. That hydro unit does not like that multi purpose oil much it slows the flow and will not react as fast.

I need to adjust it now I guess, It wants to free wheel a little going down hill and if you leave the throttle up a little it wants to creep or take off in nutural.