Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
truckin88

triad side tins...why keep them?

truckin88

I have read a lot about triads in the past,month and I am doing the Eden modifications on my 75th anniversary model. The one thing always mentioned was cylinder were unable to cool cause everything packs in, so why not ditch the tins, the the fins get more air and get rid of a dirt trap. By tins I mean the side piece with the spark plug hole in the middle. Seems like it should be beneficial.

Chris727

The tins direct airflow over the fins. Otherwise the cool air from under the blower cover would just blow away into the air. You need the tinwork but it needs to be clean.

Bill725

If you have the motor out of the tractor, do yourself a favor and install the Access Panel Kit, Kohler P/N 25 755 20. The kit is installed on the blower housing adding removable panels which allow blower housing and cooling fin cleaning without removing the blower housing.

I have also installed a tee into the front of the oil filter base with an oil pressure gauge and oil pressure switch, Kohler Oil Sentry Pressure Switch Kit P/N 28 704 02 , with indicator light mounted in the dash.

I have also replaced the amp meter mounted in the dash with an oil temperature gauge and installed the sensor on the right side of the oil pan.

Just recently, I have converted the oval OEM air filter to a round Command K&N air filter. So far works great.

Next project, because the OEM fuel pump are NLA, is to fabricate an aluminum fuel pump block off plate for installation of the new style

diaphragm fuel pump.

Make sure both valve cover gaskets have RTV sealer on them to prevent oil seepage and dirt and debris accumulation.