Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
jverhaag

Simple 4041

jverhaag

I pulled the carbarator to clean it. In the process I broke the black plastic clip on the end of the rod that connects the governor to the throttle. I could use some guidance on repairing this. I tryed job weld but it isn't holding. Additionally the former owner pinned the connector to the road so there is no adjustment in the remainder of the brass rod..How long should the road be for the side of the carb to governor unit. Final question timing. I noticed when I was trying to get the timing hammered out that there is a groove it the top of the lift arm. This is the part that comes through the case wall and lifts the circular eclipse on the timing mech. Hopefully you can translate well enou to know what I am talking about. Any intellect feedback would be appreciated team.

John Verhaag

mr. v

jverhaag

One of these might work. Any one have any idea how to adjust the rod length. Let me rephrase that. Given the ideal set up, throttle to governor how long should the rob be? Would a malfunction in this rod, to long, to short, cause the tractor to lug down under a load?