Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
isetta

Ark 600 questions

isetta

Anybody know what thread size the return line is going into the resevoir on the left leg of the loader frame? See pic.And is this a factory original tensioner bolt or a homemade solution?The loader I am working on has had several mods done to it and just wanting to put it back together in more or less original form.

IMG-20150516-00248.jpg

AC620loader06lowresarrow.jpg

IMG-20150516-00248.jpg.28699ffb7cc9e0be9f215aa3a8fad72f.jpg

AC620loader06lowresarrow.jpg.24af946f03d6eae23b4876781be54354.jpg

isetta

I've seen two 600's in person and 1 in detail pictures and all of those return down low like the one in the picture. I read somewhere that it was believed to create less foaming if the fluid returned below the fluid level but I too have seen many loaders with returns going into the top cap of the upright.

I think that thread is 1/4" pipe thread. I'm putting a hydro fluid filter on it and buying all the fittings to make it work. Likely will have to drain it so I can pull the hose to confirm what that thread really is.

isetta

Measuring the OD of the exposed threads looks like it is 1/4 npt pipe. I will be draining down the resevoir to remove it when I add the filter fittings and will find out for sure. Hope I bought the right stuff. This is just like household plumbing, at least three trips to the store before you're done 8C

IMG-20140708-00681lowres.jpg

IMG-20140708-00681lowres.jpg.df82bd0ac74cb20832eb08ca723c35d2.jpg

isetta

Hi Phil, on your 700 what part of the frame does that removable pump bracket attach to? Are the holes already in the frame up front to attach it to or do you have to drill new ones?

quote:Originally posted by phillobbezoo

That return line looks different then the ones on my 2 ark 700 models, on mine the return goes into the top of the reservoir.

id="quote">
id="quote">

phillobbezoo

As far as I know the holes were already there, both my tractors that have/had the loader on them came from the factor that way, I would take some pics for you but I can't load them from my phone

isetta

I think you are in Middleville or Hastings not that far

quote:Originally posted by phillobbezoo

I know it's a bit of a ride from Jenison but your welcome to come and check them out if you want

id="quote">
id="quote">