Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
fishnwiz

safety switch question Soverign tractor

fishnwiz

Can anyone tell me if there is a safety switch on the clutch pedal of a 97 Soverign tractor? I know there are switches on the Pto, seat and hydro lever But am not sure about the brake/clutch pedal.

Thanks

PhanDad

Definitely no safety switch on a '97 hydro Sovereign.

I don't think they made a 6 speed or other manual tranny version Sovereign in '97, but if they did, I don't know how the "safety of the tranny" would be tied into the safety system.

RickS

On my sovereign the seat safety is very sensitive.. Even when sitting fully on the seat I can get a no start. Mark sure this switch is fully seated for it to work.

Rick..........

FlashandFlare
quote:Originally posted by alec

at least you didnt fry your mag tryin to jump the switch because you didnt know about the multiple safety switchessm00 cuz thats what I did

id="quote">
id="quote">How did you fry your Mag ? open circuit is open and closed circuit is closed. Those switches are just that, either open or closed.

BLT

Mark, if that tractor has a Command, there's always the 'blue wire syndrome'.

I made note of this about a week ago:

"There is a tiny, in diameter, blue wire that when energized pulls in the starter solenoid and motors the starter. It has been a stinker in the Sunstars and Sovereigns of not having enough voltage to get the job done. A quick fix is installing a Bosch type relay to give the solenoid enough voltage to get the job done. As soon as I find my sketch, I post it."

alec

flash... if I could explain exactly how I probably would have never done it sm04

I jumped my head light wire to " another " wire and I heard crackling and smoke rolled out from under the engine cover .

I didnt like that mag anyway dOd. I put a coil on it now after a lesson learned I am tracking down my safety switch problem ( after working on another tractor for a while )and will replace the mag when I pull the engine ...........maybe ..lol

PhanDad

BLT,

Please tell us more about the Command "tiny, in diameter, blue wire".

Rather than hijack this thread, I started a new one (BLT's tiny, in diameter, blue wire - Command).

Looking forward to your reply