Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mtoney

920 muffler heat shield replacement?

mtoney

Anybody have an idea what to use to replace a bent and beat up heat shield on a 920 with? I have tried to straighten this one up, but the chroming process seems to have left it brittle in its age, it just cracks even more adding to the racket it makes when the engine is running. Hate running without the shield and I have not found anything that looks nice and is polished like chrome or stainless steel. Mike

RayS

Well you will never get OEM. So aftermarket is the choice unless you find one on eBay. I haven't seen one there in 3 years. Look for a shield for a Honda GX620. They are available new.

Mine has been ripped off for a long time. I thought about having some made out of stainless steel, but never pursued it. How much would a SS one that duplicated the original be worth to you (and others).