Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

90's Landlord Tuff Torq/Hydrogear combo tranny

SmilinSam

I still get nothing with the 194856 86551 number.

1707873 comes up:

"This is a valid competitive part number and there is no replacement at this time."

So there is no apparent cross from these 2 known original filter numbers pertaining to these my particular tranniestranny.

not sure what is wrong. it keeps working for me.

Search Results for 51563

51563 HYDRO - GEAR crosses to WIX 57253

But 51563 HYDRO - GEAR is not for my transmission....

That number came from Chris's post above to work on his transmission, a newer tranny with yet a different numbered discontinued filter. He said his tranny is a hydrogear transaxle and pum/motor assembly.

Mine is a Tuff Torq transaxle with a hydrogear pump/motor assembly.

The hydrogear 51563 filter is actually taller and bigger diameter than the one on mine.

quote:Originally posted by goatfarmer

Scrap it..............}:)

id="quote">
id="quote">Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, but Goat....I just got it painted, wired up and am finishing up re-assemblywah;):D

Somewhere along the way here I kinda got lost in understanding what you guys are talking about I guess?

Got a NOS filter today at $37 with tax:OThe one noteworthy thing about it is the shape of the gasket. Its not flat like most filters you see. It has a lip in it

DSCN0413_zpsetj01kpq.jpg

DSCN0414_zpstkhp6uev.jpg

DSCN0415_zpsh1x0ejfu.jpg

Seal OD - 2.489" or about 2 1/2"Seal ID - 1.997" or about 2"Seal ID (inside lip) - 2.246" or about 2 1/4"Threads appear to be 3/4"Filter overall diameter - 3.286"Filter overall heighth - 2.900"25 micron ratingDoes not appear to be anti-drainbackThese dimensions are not the same as the current hydrogear filter referenced above in this topic. Seal size is quite a bit different.

quote:Originally posted by goatfarmer

Now that you have one, maybe you could cross that one to a WIX, Luberfiner, etc.

id="quote">
id="quote">Havnt been able to find anyplace that crosses by size. They all so far only cross by manufacturers part numbers..

At BLT's suggestion I peeled the Simplicity sticker off...

DSCN0416_zpsavevxcff.jpg

Still havnt been able to cross it to anything yet...

• 2 weeks later...

Another problem, buying a 20+ year old nos filter means hardened seals. This expensive filter is leaking nowB)

Contacting filter makers with dimensions to see if anyone has anything that would work.

quote:Originally posted by hurleyii

Amsoil will do a filter cross reference by size but you need to actually know your threads size as there are many close threads in filters

id="quote">
id="quote">. Ask for tech services! (715) 392-7101

• 1 year later...

To update the info in this thread and on this topic, there is no new filter being manufactured to cover this application. You have to find a NOS filter still on the shelf at a dealer somewhere. No other options.

I ended up finding that the leaking oil was not from the filter, but rather from a bad return hose connection/old dried and hardened return hose. Replaced hose with a new one and installed new hose clamps and that got rid of 80% of the leaking. The other 20% of the leaking oil is coming from around a hard plastic elbow fitting that the return line hose is clamped to. Will be looking into that eventually, hoping the plastic is not cracked. If lucky a new gasket will fix the problem.  For now just living with the intermittent drip.

Another noteworthy  mention on these early landlords and Broadmoors of this design is that the fuel shut off solenoids on the Briggs vanguards are not the normal $50 item. Some of these early tractors have a shut off  a solenoid that is around $90sm00

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 1