Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What is this tractor

sfloyd

I am getting ready to buy a tractor that has got no identifying tags on it that i can find other than on the engine. One line on the tag reads cckb ms/2733j and then the serial number reads d810564733. I think this is a 19.5 horse motor which means a 4020 or 9010, right. However the hydraulic remotes are on the left side of the machine and the pictures that i have found have the remotes on the front. The question is how do i find out what year this tractor is, what model it is, and are parts still available for it?

Thanks in advance

Shane

Welcome to the club. Based on the engine info, my guess is product number 1690230 or 283 and it would be in the 1981 or 82 production being that the S/N has a leading 81 number in it. As far as the rest others can pipe in on that.

A Picture is worth a thousand words or something like that right? Any way a picture if it's a powermax model tractor tells a lot the fenders and front axel would tell a lot at least for me anyway

Welcome to the club. CCKB would be an Onan remotes sound like either 620/720 Allis or 4040/4041/9020 Simplicity like everyone says pictures are worth a thousand words. Style of hood would also determine what brand.

What ever this unit turns out to be is selling for 1500. The thing that worries me is that this is going to be a working tractor so what is parts availability and will I have to tinker with it before I use it every time? Oh and by the way it had a 72 inch deck which is way bigger than what I was hoping is there any trading potential for this deck for a smaller one?

I would guess that it is a 4041 simplicity it could also be an early 9020. 4040 simplicities had the CCKA engine and later 9020s had a different front axle. The PowerMax tractors all used 60 inch deck.

Nice looking Powermax. I gave $1200 for my 720 no attachments, so don't think $1500 would be bad with deck

Can parts still be found for these tractors like i said before i am planning on using this machine if i was just going to paint it and put it in the barn i would not be too worried. Does it make a difference what model tractor this turns out to be as far as using it and fixing it?