Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
TimJr

990509 rotary trailing mower

TimJr

Does anyone know for sure which decks were under the 990509 Rotary Trailing mowers. Seeing how it is listed as 11', they should be 48" decks. Which decks? Are they the same as what would have been under the same year tractor? Must be around 1967 or 1968? So a 3112 or so mower deck? I have a friend that has one trailing mower - no hitch or 2nd mower assembly and he needs a center arbor and I don't know which deck to use for a parts breakdown. The deck looks like a tractor deck. I found a couple of posts here, but nothing about which specific deck or if it is the same as a tractor deck. Thanks, Tim

Talntedmrgreen

Yes, they used the standard 48" deck of the day...a deck from a 3112 would work. I'm not sure if they ever used the double v pulley decks, and doubt it.

GrincheyOne

When I bought my '68 landlord, the PO had two "tow-behinds". he refused to part with! Since he could use them behind his new jacobson 12hp.

I am not sure of the size of the deck, and the engines were either 6hp or 8hp manual start B&S. it was a good thing here, with a heavily wooded

acreage. A 42" on the LL is pushing it.

That is why I want to get the '88 4212, and 36" deck going again.