Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Wilbur643

'97 Sovereign Hydro Question

Wilbur643

I have a '97 75th Anniversary Sovereign. Between local dealer, me, and Al Edens it is still running. About eight months ago broke a hydro line. Called dealer who had a couple of used ones, they replaced both of them. It ran well and I brought it home. During the last six months I have not used it but pulled the engine for the first time and cleaned the bottom half. Damn!!! I put it back together and started it, it ran fine. During this time I decided to change hydro fluid and filter. Yesterday, I decided to use it "greater blade" the hydro has a whine and the lift is backwards, up is down, down is up, and I can push it with "hydro release" up or down? What is going on?

-Chris

Brettw

Check the fluid again, make sure it is topped off. As far the up is down and visa versa, that may just have to do with the implement and how you have it attached. Does the mower deck do the same? If there is no problem, just that it is backwards, maybe you just have to re-learn and leave it at that.

truckin88

You could have hooked up the cylinder back wards, switch the hoses on the cylinder should change flow and the up and down control will flip. Whine is normal to much may not be, you may need More fluid

Bill725

My Sovereign hydro pump used to whine and in the winter when cold, the pump would cavitate during start-up, then the tractor would start moving slowly until the oil warmed up. I changed the fluid to Amsoil Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil 5W-30 and all the issues went away. The Sovereign uses a Sauer Danfoss pump and the Amsoil oil meets their hydrostatic transmission specifications.

MikeES

Is the mower deck lift backwards, or just the rear attachments? If just the rear attachments, did you disconnect the lift cable from the rock shaft, and if reinstalled it over the top of the rockshaft will change the direction the lift works for the rear attachments.

GrincheyOne

Rented a Kubota back-how, when i was building my house. learning the single lever control was bad enough, further complicated when someone at the rental shop reversed the hydro hoses. Oh Yeah, right is left, up is down!