Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Scored a free Simplicity Sovereign 7116

skinnedknuckles

Was talking to a neighbor friend of mine the other night that I was making bbq for. The topic of yard care came up and I expressed that I really wanted an older model yard tractor to restore with my boys. He started laughing and asked me if I wanted one. I asked him how much and he said I would be doing him a favor by taking it and all of the equipment with it. I went to his house on Sat. bypassed the fuel filter and cleaned the carb out and she fired right up. Drove down the road to my house to see my wife standing there smiling and shaking her head. It came with a rear tiller, mowing deck, and front snow or whatever pusher blade. One of the pulleys on the mower deck has seized. Rear tires are crap and don't hold air. Seat is completed rusted and shot out. He removed the original engine and replaced it with a 18 hp briggs. He didn't know what was wrong with the original so I took it as well and will tinker with it. Overall I scored well with it being free .99

Nice! Wish I could find someone to give me a free tiller. My First Simplicity was free (well, I traded a case of beer) as well!

I thought I made a deal when I got my well used '68 2110, w/42" deck, and 32" tiller for $700. the going price list at the time was $1000 for tractor, and deck only. It also had a hi-lo.

For free is always better!

So this is my first yard tractor ever and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm sure I'm going to have plenty of questions soon so I'm glad I found this site and advertisers. You guys seem to know your hobby well and am looking forward to picking your brains.

I hate you:D GREAT find!! 8D You and the boys will have a great time restoring that tractor. ^ I'm glad it didn't go to the scrap heap. We need to save as many of these as we can.

Ken

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

Nice find, welcome to the club,hope you and the boys enjoy. very addictive

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes, they are very addictive. First came 1 then somehow 3 more followed me home :D. Now I'm looking for another one:O:D. Welcome to the club! I hope you find it very helpful and the people very kind!:)

quote:Originally posted by skinnedknuckles

I would love to post some pics but I'm not seeing an option for that.

id="quote">
id="quote">Pay 10 bucks to become a full member, and you'll see the attachment button. Its Definitely worth the cost of admission. There are so many resources around here...I've been a member for 2 years, and I'm still finding new things.

I got my first Simplicity 14 years ago and soon after found SimpletrACtors. I thought by paying $350 that I got a good deal, but you did way better! Plus yours is a 7100 series (the best in my opinion) and mine is a lowly 6011. Though I still have (and use) that 6011, I now own three more Simplicities, including a 7119. Good luck with yours, have fun, and careful, these old machines multiply!!:D

Oh way to go guys!!! With all of yall's kindness and peer pressure I'm going to go ahead and become a member. Thanks alot. I've got big plans for this old girl. I'm planned on doing lots of electrical mods to it eg. reverse lights, hazards, and rear running lights. It won't be white trash, I'm a professional at this stuff.:D Seriously considering throwing in a diesel. It will be used for hay rides and Halloween and other fun stuff for my kids. This is a father and son's project and the kids are super excited.

quote:Originally posted by skinnedknuckles

I would love to post some pics but I'm not seeing an option for that.

id="quote">
id="quote">Here is how to post pictures.http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119527