Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
devito0824

How Interchangeable are attachments

devito0824

Sorry if this has been asked, but how interchangeable are the attachments? I.e. mower decks/tillers/front blades/mid mount blades. I have two 63 725s and a 64 landlord and I know they are interchangeable between those. There is a guy selling a 7100 from the 80's with all those attachments plus a rear mulcher. I would like to buy the lot if those will work on my older ones. Also how are the 7100 from the 80's, I don't know much about them

rokon2813

They will swap with minor changes. Mounts and pulley sizes may be different.

Your decks will fit the 7100 but pulley size will be different and adjusters will hit running boards when lifted. 7100 likely has a 48" deck. That will not fit under your short wheel base tractors. If it has a 42", it will fit just different pulley size.

You front plow will will not lift on the 7100, the lift arm will hit the hood, but the 7100 front plow will fit your tractors with only a longer lift rod. As long as they are the same plow, you can just swap hitches and they will work.

Mid mount blades should swap as long as yours doesn't have stirrups mounted, they might not clear running boards.

Tillers will have different drive systems but can be made to work.

7100 is a very good tractor.

PhanDad

That's a great deal!

The tractor, spare engine and 5 attachments including a mid mount grader blade and chipper.

I'd tell them I'd take it sight unseen. Based on other posts, it seems Simplicity stuff is fairly rare in the Pacific Northwest. If someone sees that ad, it'll be gone quick.

Here's the link to the ad (without offending last period):

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/grd/5053626495.html

bigcat19

I agree with Bill on this one tell the seller you want it. I bought my A/C 917 Hydro with electric lift, 48" deck, 36"snow thrower, 36" tiller, push blade, leaf vac system with trailer for $800 but the engine had a hole in the block from the broken cam shaft. I didn't keep track of parts but guessing I had about $400-$500 into getting the engine going again and used it to move snow 4 time this past winter and loving itdOdNow looking at getting the mower deck up to par so I can use it for mowing and leaf removal this fall.

devito0824

Awesome yeah I thought i was a good deal. I am going out there Thursday morning. Simplicity stuff out here is kind of hard to come by. You do see tractors and now and then some good attachments but people seem to want a lot for them.

devito0824

So I did pick it up on Thursday. It is in pretty nice shape. The mower deck is well used and the engine does knock. I will probably rebuild it. I haven't looked into yet but hopefully I can find a rebuild kit.