Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3400 series front pto rod assemblie!?

hurleyii

If you have KT's, their shaft size is 1-1/8" versus 1" on the Briggs along with K single cylinder and the piece that bolts to the engine is slightly different on the K's, but I think you could shim that out.

I think the frames on the 3400 and 7100 series are different lengths, so I would be suspect of the rod assemblies? They are adjustable, so maybe its not an issue?

Well what I found is just all the parts to engage the clutch and not the actual clutch.

My 916 came with the clutch itself but I think it's wore out but since I haven't removed it as of yet I could be wrong! I could use some quality pics of what it should look like engaged up close and disengaged. Maybe even taken apart.

If somebody could share that it would be awesome!

Here's some pics of one I sold.Note there is a spacer for the Briggs install (1-1/8" OD x 1' ID I would think), I didn't notice it was stuck to the Briggs shaft until after my buyer noticed it was missing :o

Front_PTO_0010.jpg

Front_PTO_0014.jpg

3410H_0008.jpg

3410H_0011.jpg

3410H_0012.jpg

As to the rod length, if the 7100 series has the hole drilled in the frame, I think the rod would be OK. I say this because I believe the frame differences between the 3400 series and 7100 series is in front of where the engine mounts, therefore no rod length difference.

Front_PTO_0010.jpg.076a37b4447e3f35fdac6e96fcc08486.jpg

Front_PTO_0014.jpg.8a295c7b664699d47523e08583890963.jpg

3410H_0008.jpg.0cf3457afc7c1e31f21cad2fb4f41cfa.jpg

3410H_0011.jpg.82b27ce2ecdac9658ab2baf6d98c2758.jpg

3410H_0012.jpg.a0e6807ff4599c43c8fc5e84c6a80b6a.jpg

Well by your pictures there is something wrong with the one on my tractor I think. I'll have to look later today but there is no rod and the engagement part on the tractor will go all the way back to the engine.

Not to threadjack, but I'm going to anyway...Bill, the picture of your 341X show a gold painted engine? Is it a repower? I have a 75 7016 with the same color engine. Always thought it should be black.

quote:Originally posted by Mike_H

Not to threadjack, but I'm going to anyway...Bill, the picture of your 341X show a gold painted engine? Is it a repower? I have a 75 7016 with the same color engine. Always thought it should be black.

id="quote">
id="quote">There was a period of time when Briggs' marketed shelve replacement engines that color. A standard engine contained most or if not all plugs and thread holes to do a new replacement.

I assume it was a replacement engine since it's 15HP and it was in a mfg #990757 3410H tractor.

I got the tractor in 2007 in the condition pictured.

Surprisingly, the engine (325431 0020-01) has a build date of 7/21/72, so maybe it was a "shelve replacement engine" as BLT suggested.

DSCF3474.JPG

The longer one in picture is for 7100 series. I more than likely have the 3 rubber gas tank straps as well.

DSCF3474.JPG.e961206c74553b986432f4b25b82bf5e.JPG

Ray,

Pictures never lie.

I was wrong on my 3400 vs 7100 frame analysis. The engines are mounted further forward in the 7100 series. And, duh, the driveshaft reference post I made confirms that fact!

Awesome Ray on the gas tank straps I'll be a little strapped this weekend on cash as I'm getting that 3415s delivered Saturday with all the attachments that go with it!

;)) woohoo I got my sickle mower and a good blower and it sounds like the rear lift balence thingy!!! Lol

I should add I'm hoping to make it to the tractor show in the South Nemd area that's posted on our Forum for Northern Indiana! Will any of you guys be there?

Well it came with a front PTO assembly not assemble on the tractor and appears to be seized together.