Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My powermaxs

blangkabel

I am new to posting on this forum but have been reading posts for a long time. I just thought I would let you know a little about what I have. I own 4 powermax 3 are 9020's 1 is a 4041, I have 2 front loaders, backhoe, 3 have decks 2 have snowblowers, 1 fiberglass cab, dozer plow, rear grader blades, brush hog, and probably some other things I am forgetting. I Have been all over the US picking up these tractors and implements and use them daily on my property. I do all the repairs on them and have learned quite a bit from this site as well as another that I am a member of. I will be starting my

first complete tear down, rebuild, and paint of a 9020 and will share progress. I will be starting this in a couple weeks and will take the summer. Anyway I will post pictures of my tractors soon. Oh I almost forgot I also have a 7117 and a sun runner.

Yes, I will post pics hopefully tonight. I need to move them to my other garage so I will line them up for a photo shoot. They all need some TLC but I want to work out the bugs and then one at a time strip them down replace bearings, seals, wiring, update all to electronic ignition, and paint. I have one that smokes a bit, pulled the heads and the cylinders look like they could use some work. The engine must have been rebuilt as the pistons are marked .020 so I am hoping to just replace rings and it will be good. That is the only one that I will tear into the engine. My first 9020 had a bad hydro unit so I took it apart found a few things wrong and fixed it. Since then it has worked great. Other than that, they all seem to run good "so far". I have fixed so many things on them to get them to this point but it has been a good learning experience, well for the most part. Anyway pics coming soon

This is the first time I have tried posting pictures to this site so here it goes. This is the second 9020 I bought. I went to Kentucky to pick it up. This one came with the mower deck which will be sold because I have 3 decks.

kentucky.jpg

I picked up this tractor here in Wisconsin, it also came with the deck. I use this tractor to mow my yard approx. 5 acres. When I bought this tractor the guy thought the engine was blown. I messed with it and found that when he put the points in he did not gap them. I gapped them and it fired right up. I ended up pulling the motor and converting it to electronic ignition. It runs and cuts very well now. This picture is from the day I brought it home.

kenosha.jpg

This Picture is the first 9020 I bought. When I went to look at it, it would not move. The guy said the hydro linkage needed adjustment. When I got it home I took a good look at it and realized the hydro needed to get pulled and gone through. Many hours and a lot of work later the tractor runs great and has been a work horse. It may not be pretty but it is a worker. I will be tearing this tractor down and doing a complete overhaul.

loader.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the backhoe tractor but will take some today and get them posted.

kentucky.jpg.6461e733c29e7f41c06df4fd5fc7501d.jpg

kenosha.jpg.6642721aa389d6222b1569a98792aada.jpg

loader.jpg.627716b05f7725e9df13631ae51da416.jpg

Hi Brent,

Nice looking tractors! You will have enough to play with for quite some time redoing them. I see you are in Malone. I am in Iowa but moved here last year from Oshkosh, wish we would have met before the move. Good luck with them all!

Steve

Yeah, they are going to take some work but I hope to have them up to par sooner than later. Oshkosh is only 15 min from me, I actually live in St Peter which is a few min outside of FDL. I wish I had someone in my area that likes these old tractors. Thanks for the complements, but they are ugly; however, they are fun. I just got in from digging out some stumps and forgot to take pics of the backhoe tractor, hopefully tomorrow.

According to the government you now have too many tractors and will be labeled a hoarder and a danger to grass fields and mounds of dirt. Save yourself and your family send me the 4041 and all the parts you have and you'll be viewed as a safe productive member of the community again. Just looking out for you man. I'll.save you. :D

Thanks for looking out but I will have to pass on your offer. lol Now that you mention it I think I may be a hoarder! I do however need to sell some of my implements I have a mower deck, dozer blade, fiberglass cab with doors and all electrical for snow blower lights etc, snow blower, and a grader blade. I probably have more but I have to look around to see what else I have. Today I am going to hook up the sickle mower and get these fields cut down. I will also get some pictures of the backhoe.

^^^ what he said about hoarding, they've also decided that giving it to one person is not acceptable as you aren't sharing the wealth so it will have to be divided per the most recent executive order of Comrad Obama!!

:D

Someone's got a real problem and going to be a bad influence on those of us with easily impressionable mindssm00...

More tractors. ..must own more tractors! XX(

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

Mark wife says no more what'll I do, what what will I do ?

id="quote">
id="quote">Do what the rest of us do, don't tell her. If you have a big enough herd, she'll never know if you add one more. If nothing else, its better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.

It's funny, my wife is the one that searches the web to find these tractors and implements. She is also the one that wants me to start restoring them. It is probably to keep me busy and out of the house.

Welcome to the site & nice fleet dOd

Always good to meet a fellow hoarder (collector) I cant wait to see your backhoe, cab, etc... I just got my 1st "powermax" type, an AC 616 to be restored, so I'm very interested in all of them now...

Originally posted by blangkabel

It's funny, my wife is the one that searches the web to find these tractors and implements. Sheesh, where can I find one of those? :D

Ya know after reading this thread I've realized That I don't have enough. If I had a couple more I would not have to keep switching implements, that would mean I'ld have to have 3-4 more, maybe hide at friends house ?

isetta, from what I hear they are not easily found. 720nut, switching implements can be a pain so the only way I could get around it was to buy 1 tractor for every implement. You would be amazed how well it works. Yesterday I was cutting the grass with one 9020 and came to a bump "little mound" that my blades always hit and dirt goes flying and leaves a bald spot. My solution was; use the backhoe tractor to dig the mound out and put dirt in loader tractor. Although it was a small job, it was nice to use my little fleet to get the job done. Granted, I probably could have used a shovel and a wheelbarrow, but then I couldn't justify having a tractor for each implement.