Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First garden tractor project!

WreckEmTech

Landed my first garden tractor project this week. I thought it was an b10 but after some heavy eBay searching and a lot of help from a great seller that pointed me to this club discovers it was actually a B1. It needs some love and some sheet metal but I can't wait to have it back in shape!

Welcome to the site Hardy. You have come to the right place. If you haven't spent the money to join as a member yet you are missing out on the best deal for the money.

The guys here are gurus with all things AC and Simplicity.

Looking forward to following your progress and remember, there are no dumb questions on this site.

Again, Welcome to the site. Mark

Thanks! rokon2813 introduced me to this site and after some brief browsing I paid my dues and became a member. I am definitely going to need some help on this project. Grandad had AC tractors on the farm so i have always wanted an Allis of my own and happened across this little guy.

IMG_2753.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG.8719461a7182f6a7a37baa60c0639f19.JPG

Welcome to the club. Now that the picture is bigger and not sideways, that bracket on the back is a summer cab mount.

That is fairly rare.

That summer can is pretty neat, wish it were all there. I'm not sure how many would consider this too far gone, but garden tractors in general don't come up that often in West Texas. The ones that do are almost always cub cadets or deeres.

So if a guy were to haul a truck load of Simplicity tractors down there he would have no problems selling them at a premium price? :D

I saw your classified. Why do you want a dashboard? Yours appears to be all there. Something wrong with it or did you not realize that's all there is ??

I guess I didn't realize it was all there.I still need to pick it up. A friend of mine is cleaning Up around his place and it's been sitting like that for at least 15 years. I've rounded up a seat, seat pan off of a big ten, and a grill support. Hadn't looked for a motor yet, hopefully one somewhere close.

At least a wide range of Briggs Cast iron engines fit that mount. You could mount anything from the 7.25hp through 16hp with only minor changes. I went from 9 to 12 in my B10 and someone went from 12 to 16 in my Hb112.

Looks like a fun hunting project. You could build it to the numbers or compose it of a combination of anything within a 10 year series.

It'll have a big ten sn for now, someday it will get a b1 when I find a seat pan. I really wish that the sn was somewhere else besides the back of the seat pan. My fiancés grandad has quite the collection of junk and he thinks there's a 19 in the shed (somewhere). Hopefully I can get by there in the near future and check. It's planting season here so free time is nonexistent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to the club...Your tractor project looks familiar. I got this B1 a year or so ago and still waiting its turn to be restored.

DSCI5909.JPG

DSCI5910.JPG

DSCI5917.JPG

DSCI5909.JPG.1fc3ff3d85202786729e0412092c6c23.JPG

DSCI5910.JPG.3a613382e6b82a7e210ef57b8b2b4f95.JPG

DSCI5917.JPG.62d5de2af5c11700bb8dbf1020e2bed9.JPG

Haha, yours does look like it. I'm tracking down some parts. I'm having a hard time finding a motor for it but I have tracked down most of the missing parts.