Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
BushMasterACR

3314 v paint colors ?

BushMasterACR

I just got a free 3314 V garden tractor. Where can I get the colors to repaint the parts as I proceed with restoration ? It appears there are 3 colors White Orange and Black. Are there special tints to any of these ? Just want to make it factory correct.Appreciate any replies

P1080193 small.jpg

57e05a32b1d05_P1080193small.jpg.ea1a6e1971725aa6004c05e1790b5e37.jpg

hurleyii

Your local Hardware stores all have tractor paints for cheap. You could polish a section and then match it up to there paint book. Also auto Parts stores that sell body paint will have it but they are hardner additive paints so those are a little more money. Not horrible but I think like 60-100 a gallon with addative.

Exact matches are hard to find . They are online for sale depending on which color you need. I think Ray S. Knows the colors by year.

Ace Hardware is like 35.00 a gallon no addatives needed but is very slow to dry!

alec

if you have an autobody paint supply place . they have a special device that will take a picture and give a formula for making it . we used this alot when I painted cars . but the same thing hurleyii said applies here . you must find a good spot ( under the hood and seat maybe ) and polish it up first . the bodyshops near you should be able to tell you where you can find the device ( they may even help you out with paint if you get the right guy .)

Mike_H

So, how exact do you want to be? I've heard Rustoleum Canvas white is a good match to the off white color for the hood and wheels. Black, well, black is black, that isn't a big mystery. The orange is where it gets dicey. I've heard that Rustoleum's Chevy Engine Red is a good match. I have a 75 7016 that is original paint, and Majic's Allis Chalmer Orange seems to be nearly dead on. I'm going with it. I bought a quart of primer, quart of black, and quart of orange along with reducer and hardener for less than 70 dollars. All the farm stores should have it (Tractor Supply, Fleet Farm, Family Farm and Home, etc) The only downside I can see so far is dry time. Its a one coat a day process for the stuff in quart Cans. I'm sure rattle bomb would dry faster.

Tacey

For what it's worth, about six years ago I bought a 3410 Landlord that appeared much like yours. I bought refrigerator epoxy rattle can paint at Wal-Mart for the hood and wheels. Clean, sand, and prep the metal and I painted. It looks as good and shiny today as then. The color is called Almond I believe. You will know it when you see it. Good luck!

BushMasterACR

Thanks everyone. That will get me going in the right direction. I was very interested in wheel color as I have to replace all tires and tubes and while wheels off might as well strip, prep and paint them.

SmilinSam

Rustoleum Chevy engine red allthe way for the 3300 and older series Simplicity tractors. Good color, not too red, and not too orange, just about right. That and it paints pretty decent from the spray cans.

Wouldn't touch duplicolor spray cans with a 10' pole. Color is good, but the paints terrible from the cans.

Rustoleum canvas white for white, and if you ever get a gray hooded/wheeled 3300 series, rustoleum pewter gray is pretty close.Get my rustoleum spray cans from Menards. Seems to be best price and selection..

I like using Valspar gloss black tractor enamel for the foot plates as it wears a lot better than other brands.