Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

KT19 No spark

ketchk

Hey guys when i bought my 7119 i got a extra running engine,KT19 well i put it on a engine stand and jumping with a jump box there is no spark i took off point cover and they are moving but again no spark dose this engine have to be connected to 12 volts to run, where do i start Please HELP thanks Andy

Can i put a jumper from a 12 volt and leave it on the coil while its running or just a touch of 12 volts at starting

quote:Originally posted by ketchk

Can i put a jumper from a 12 volt and leave it on the coil while its running or just a touch of 12 volts at starting

id="quote">
id="quote">Coil needs external power source all the time it's in use.

well got it cranking and i have spark to only one side. points are adjusted. the coil wires are cracked and dry rotted i guess that is the next direction i was shocked to see the replacement cost of that coil i think the wires were made into the coil they dont seem to want to be removed

Coils are STUPID expensive. I found a "cheap" replacement at a place in MN but can't remember the name right now:( So far it's been working ok bur still set me back $80 or so.

You can use two coils and two condensers in place of the single double coil. If I were to do it again, I'd go the double coil route.

If you replace the coil please also replace the condenser. My condenser was bad and it took the coil with it.

Ken

In my opinion, any coil/s will work as long as the condenser matches the coil. So IF you choose to go twin coils you will need two condensers (one for each coil) that match their respective coil. Remove the condenser from the points housing and place the condensers directly on the coil. The Harley coil is a good choice it looks like. Though there must be something wrong as I always thought "HD" stood for"hundred dollars" as everything Harley is a $100 or more;):D:D

Ken