Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
alec

coil issue on a briggs 12 hp

alec

3415 has a bad mag ( I killed it ) so I put a coil on it .. jumped it it ran . so I find the dirty safety switch and got it to crank with the key . so I try the mag just to be sure . nothin . so I put the coil on and get no spark . put a test light on the coil and its got power TO BOTH SIDES so I try a different coil , same .unhook the points , same . took the coil to another tractor switched it out and the coil works fine (on the other tractor ) tried unhooking all the tractor stuff except the coil , same . so what causes a coil to have power at both sides ? frustrating thing is that I had it running C

simple_stan

Power at both sides is an indication that there is no access to ground. That being said the points give the system a ground. You may need to rotate the engine by hand until the points close and check both sides again

alec
quote:Originally posted by dentwizz

http://tewarehouse.com/Catalog/0511Good place especially if you can put together a list to offset shipping(like filters and plugs).

id="quote">
id="quote">is the product good ? I just got some points that the backing was loose on one and the adjuster screw wouldnt turn on the other . ( didnt make my day ) thanks for the link the prices are good sm01