Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
landlord2210

3112h steering issues

landlord2210

I was out playing around with my cultivators in the field. I noticed the steering was reallyloose to wear the slightest bump (dirt mound or rock) would cause the wheels to crank all the way one way or the other, with little movement in the steering wheel. Once I got back to the garage it seemed to have made the steering looser than before. So after some tinkering I noticed the main front end bolt was really loose giving the extra play so I tightened it which made it the steering like new and I also tightened a little bolt on the front spindle on the carb side. I was wondering what that was for and how tight should it be? After all that I took it back out and it's a lot better but the wheels still like to kink one way or the other. It's got the stock wide front tires. I'd like to know what would work best to stop this from happening. I was thinking of getting different front tires. Or if I go crazy get a power steering system for it or maybe a steering stabilizer. Any thoughts or opinions? Anyone ever do a power steering system on a fdt?