Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow blade

chip61

I also got a snow blade that fit a simplicity 725. It appears to fit my B112 fine, but there is nowhere to attach the lift rod-is there another lift handle for the dozer blade that I didn't get, or do I need to change something on my tractor? The pictures in the owner's manual leave a lot to be desired.

Chip

I believe these are pics of a slightly bent FDT front blade hitch:

SimpHitch_002.jpg

SimpHitch_003.jpg

You can see the extended arm to attach the lift rod.If your hitch doesn't have the arm, it is probably a grader blade hitch; I believe they were the same except for the lift arm.One can be seen here:http://www.simpletractors.com/images/spotlight/grader_pg11.jpghttp://www.simpletractors.com/parts/grader_blade_line.htm

SimpHitch_002.jpg.87bfe71b2031860f755aba48417f2972.jpg

SimpHitch_003.jpg.7b81d2dfd04201e32ed9c26d1fe4fa68.jpg

That's what I have, and I have the rod but nothing to attach to on the tractor to raise and lower it. Here is what I have

20150525_133527.jpg

(yes I know the pin is in the wrong place LOL)

As you sit on the tractor, there should be a short lever at the end of the rock shaft, right above / behind your right ankle...

The lever is there-it's currently used to raise/lower the mower deck. Do I have to take it and rotate it to be used with the blade?? As it is positioned now it won't raise or lower the dozer blade. (works fine for mower and grader)

Thanks

Chip

To use the two implements simultaneously would require a special "right hand lift" lever and having a plow that could mount to the front axle mounts(not the ones where the deck is). Otherwise it is an either or between mid or front mount attachments.

My B-110 deck has a flat bar about an inch wide and 5" long that is bolted into the lower hole of the tractor lift arm; it extends to the rear and the lift chain for the deck is attached to it. The upper hole is used for the lift rod for front mounted attachments. So the special right hand lift lever isn't needed to attached both. However, I think the issue is both the deck and blade attach to the same mounting tabs on the tractor. .

image.jpg

image.jpg.a2a2b5a37e7ffb1b4d9baf963454dc14.jpg

Not trying to mount both at the same time, but if I use the arm on the lift lever, if I'm not mistaken I have to pull the lever to raise the blade and it won't lock in the raised position. (push the lever to raise the mower or grader)

Thanks for all the info

Chip

The flat bar for the deck can stay on, the plow uses the other hole. However, you are correct, the plow mounts to the same location as the front of the mower deck.

The handle should latch if pulled all the way back. There may be a bolt or pin in one of the quadrant holes that doesn't allow the handle to come all the way back. It can be removed.

Thanks everyone, that's what I wanted to know. I never looked to see if it would lock in the pulled position.

Chip

First chance I've had to install the plow in a few weeks-tractor is 90 miles from home. Now that I understand the lever locks up or down everything works as it should!

Not real crazy about the orange with the yellow tractor, but it's in such good shape I hate to paint it to match the tractor.

20150621_145322.jpg