Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

You can Look...But You can't Touch

Simplicity7013H

Well, today I was driving the 3112 and I needed to disengage the transmission so, I reached behind me to disengage the transmission from the seat and instead of finding the disengage lever my hand somehow found the transmission cooling fan. So, the fan sprayed blood every where and I ran to the house dripping a lot of blood. Had my mom drive me to the ER real quick and they said I'm lucky that my finger is still in one piece. There wasn't enough material left to put stitches so it will have to heal naturally. So the results: a really bad cut on my middle finger and pinkie and a broken middle finger and a lot of pain. That's all for now. A lesson: keep your hands away from moving parts :Dsm00:I:D

Thanks guys. The back side of the fan is open on the Vickers and that's how my hand got it.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully you'll heal quickly.

I do the same thing on my Homelite T-12 Vickers. I'll stop doing it now.

I always watch but try to avoid doing anything under there when running. Sometimes I forget to click it in but lean back all the way to watch. Just like I had a set of shoes with a 1/8 set of grooves in the heel from the pto pulleys...

I was working on the deck of my 7117 like 3 months ago trying to loosen the bolt that holds the blade. My hand slipped and hit the blade, 12 stitches later it was fine; well so I thought. After getting the stitches out the cut reopened. I went to the Dr. and they said I have to let it heal naturally. 3 months later I have to go get surgery on my hand to get some of the meat cut away and have a wick put in. Be Careful with the natural approach!

Yeah fingers are a bummer when mucked up, I flattened my pointer finger on my left hand litteraly like a pancake and broke the 2 next to it, it's no fun having a bum hand took 6 months for it to heal hopfully yours doesn't take so long best of luck and take care of it and keep it clean

X2 on keeping it clean. My dad had a split in his cuticle get infected, and it almost cost him the finger. A pretty minor dry skin crack turned in to surgery and wearing a bandage for two months!

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

Well, today I was driving the 3112 and I needed to disengage the transmission so, I reached behind me to disengage the transmission from the seat and instead of finding the disengage lever my hand somehow found the transmission cooling fan. So, the fan sprayed blood every where and I ran to the house dripping a lot of blood. Had my mom drive me to the ER real quick and they said I'm lucky that my finger is still in one piece. There wasn't enough material left to put stitches so it will have to heal naturally. So the results: a really bad cut on my middle finger and pinkie and a broken middle finger and a lot of pain. That's all for now. A lesson: keep your hands away from moving parts :Dsm00:I:D

id="quote">
id="quote">Pics! You know how we love pics! (Sorry, was that in poor taste?):I

Glad to see its healing cousin. Hopefully it will heal up before summer break is over!:)

Hopefully it isn't in too much pain for you! I bet we all have had our bad experiences with machines:D

• 1 month later...

fondas cannon 068.jpg

Well, almost 2 months after the incident, my finger has finally healed up completely (except for the nail). Thank you for all the kind remarks above. With God, it was able to heal up like new.

57e061b84e113_fondascannon068.jpg.27e8471cd55699e5e40f49ea6d1baccb.jpg

^^^ Amen brother, I blew myself up last summer and should of died. Not only did I not but I also didn't inhale any steam or burn my face.

I tried to run but something made me hold the lid down instead