Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity7013H

Carburetor Question

Simplicity7013H

Despite my injury, I am still working in the shop ( it's hard to work with only 1 hand) and I was wondering how to get the needle seat out of the carb. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Elliott

fishnwiz

They can sometimes be a real bear to get out! I find if I swear at it once or twice they usally come out....I have also had to drill out a few...not fun!

dentwizz

One old aircraft mechanic taught me a trick that often helps. Tighten first.

It is counter intuitive, but it uses the tightening faces to break the corrosion, then use the removing faces to make it come out instead of buggering both.

alec
quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

if this is a Briggs updraft carb that you are asking about then the needle seat simply unscrews with a wide flat head screwdriver.

id="quote">
id="quote">simply is not the word we are looking for ...XX(I killed one before I made a custom screwdriver and then soaked the carb in kerosine and brake fluid for a week and then put it in a vise and tapped lightly with a hammer while turning . then it simply came out ....sm01

Mike_H

Last one I had that was stuck got soaked in carb dip for a couple hours. This was after I stripped it out, and then drilled it and stripped an extractor out! After the dip, I used the next size up extractor, and it backed right out. The carb dip will destroy any gaskets or rubber left on the carb, so don't do this unless your planning on a rebuild anyway.

Good Luck!